Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Much Time....

....on my hands. "Ticking away the moments that make up the dull day Fritter and waste the hours In an off hand way..." Ahh, the post race funk. Just when you want to go out and run forever, you can't because your body won't let you. I've spent so much time running that the to-do lists are buried under stacks of other to-do lists and I don't know where to start. So I've been blueberry picking and buying books on Scotland. Thought I'd post a few more pics from Res Pass: So, I love this picture for three reasons: 1. It's a great pic of Yvonne in her hot pants 2. Her face shows so clearly the huge relief she's feeling at the finish, getting out from under the thunderous black cloud otherwise known as "Andrea's bad attitude". 3. The Sebastian Schnuelle look-alike behind her is TOTALLY checking her out. And then we've got Dave, 100-miler winner at the finish line. Hey, no slouching, you just won. Are those swimming trunks? And finally, my personal favorite. Laura McDonough at the 12-mile aid station, right behind Dave as they head across the bridge from Hope to Cooper Landing. See that sneaky little smile? Dave, she's about to eat you alive. And she'll keep that white hat pristine clean for 100 miles while she's doing it. Incredible. Below is the Anchorage Daily News link for the race summary and results. www.adn.com/2010/08/03/1394456/johnston-bags-resurrection-100.html I'm off to dream of the West Highland Way... *thanks to Pink Floyd for unknowing allowing my lyric poaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment